- 16 oz – Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 – Egg
- 1 Cup – Grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp – Dried Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 tsp – Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp – Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp – Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp – Dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp – Dried Basil
- Oil (for deep frying)
1. Cut mozzarella into 1 oz strips.
2. Mix together grated parmesan, parsley, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, and dried basil into a bowl.
3. Beat an egg into a separate bowl.
4. Dip each mozzarella stick in the egg, then in the parmesan coating covering all sides thoroughly. If it’s not covered completely then the cheese will spill out when frying.
5. Place mozzarella sticks in the freezer for one hour. This step cannot be skipped.
6. Heat up your oil of choice (we used corn) over med-high heat until it reaches a temperate of 350°F (be sure your pot has enough oil in it to submerge the mozzarella stick completely).
7. Place your mozzarella stick in a deep frying basket or something else (we used a potato masher) that’ll enable you to dip the mozzarella stick in the oil to fry. Be sure to grease your frying tool (basket, potato masher, etc…) by dipping it in the oil first so the mozzarella stick doesn’t stick to it.
8. Fry until golden brown, approximately 1-1.5 minutes. Remove mozzarella stick from the fryer and place on paper towels to absorbed the excess oil.
9. Eat and enjoy!
|Servings: 8 (2 sticks per serving)|
|Total Fat 24.2g|
|Total Carb 2.4g|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g|
|NET CARBS 2.3g|