It’s simple to make keto cinnamon rolls using coconut flour fathead dough. Serve them warm with melted cream cheese icing on top. They are a heavenly treat any time of day.
- 60 grams coconut flour about 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup low carb sweetener
- 2 tablespoon baking powder can be cut in half to reduce sodium but may not rise as well
- 250 grams mozzarella cheese shredded about 2-1/2 cups
- 55 grams cream cheese 2 ounces
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter melted, add a bit more if needed and use unsalted to reduce sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- 1/4 cup brown low carb sweetener
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter softened (can be omitted but gives a better filling taste)
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/4 cup Lakanto powdered sweetener or powdered Swerve with a little low carb milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a 9×13-inch pan baking pan if needed.
Mix coconut flour, low carb sweetener, and baking powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
Melt mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in microwave on high power for one minute. Stir. Place back in microwave on high for another minute. Stir.
Add in beaten eggs, butter, vanilla extract (if using), and coconut flour mixture until a dough is formed. Dough should be a bit wet and sticky. If dry, try adding in another egg or more butter.
Roll dough out into a rectangle about 9×12 inches.
In small bowl, combine the brown low carb sweetener with cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture evenly over the dough. Spread butter on top.
Roll dough into a log starting at one of the shorter ends. Slice into 1-inch thick rounds.
Rounds into prepared baking pan. Bake at 400°F for about 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool slightly on a wire rack.
In a medium mixing bowl, cream the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer. Beat in the powdered sweetener and vanilla extract. Add in a little low carb milk (coconut or almond) if needed to thin the icing.
Pecans can be added to the cinnamon mixture if desired.